Wednesday, December 28, 2005


Greetings

Well the North Carolina Carnes are soon to be no more. Don't fret though; we are just moving across the border to Drakes Branch, Virginia. I have accepted a call to Drakes Branch Baptist Church to serve as their pastor. I am both thrilled and terrified at the weight of such an assignment. I do trust that it is the Lord leading me to move my family to a foreign place and a foreign people once again (Pr 3:5-6). I also trust that I will not wait long for the Lord to give me a deep abiding love for the people he is calling me to pastor. In fact, I believe that he has been working towards this end over the past four months as I have enjoyed seemingly countless interviews. I long for God to use me for his honor as I am assured he will.

Nevertheless as we leave scores of friends behind (perhaps "scores" is a bit optimistic), it occurred to me that the perhaps the most effective way to keep people posted on our life and adventures is to get with the times and keep a blog. I am not sure what shape this will take: part journal, part devotional, part pulpit, part pictures. Please keep in touch (which for some of you means correct my doctrine) and may God be honored.

Joyfully Submissive

steven

3 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see how God will use you and Allegra in the years to come. God bless you always.

Mom

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! I think it's a great to KIT! Love the photos - kids are healthy and beuatiful! Best wishes and a lot of prayers for your move and this new calling. Your CA family will be thinking of you! God Bless you all!

Love,
Fav Cuz

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home