Tuesday, April 11, 2006

All I need is a single wide.


No, I have not become a Jeff Foxworthy fan. Yes, that antenna is how I access my high speed internet. Yes, the post that the antenna is affixed to is my handiwork. Yes, your whole body tingles when you touch the antenna. And yes that is a wireless router hanging out my window. It turns out getting internet service in Charlotte county IS NOT as simple as calling your phone or cable company. I guess a county w/ no stop lights and eight total restaurants is not up on the latest internet technology.

What we do have is a local company that has hooked up an antenna on our town water tower. If you are within four miles of that tower and have a line of site you can get a receiving antenna for your internet service. The problem was that they did not have any antennas available for a while by which to access their service. The couple times I stopped by their shop both tech's were passed out on their desks (Note to self: Do not stop by at the internet provider after 4:15).

So I say all this to let you know why I have note posted for 3 months. I hope to have weekly updates now that I am up and running (I have the only internet hot spot in Drakes Branch!). Everything is going wonderful. We love it up here, but miss many of you. Pray that God would be glorified through us and our ministry.

Your brother in Christ.

steven

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home