Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Adventure

I am leaving this Friday for three trips is one. I fly out to Denver (first class I might add - its a long story, but please save your "what are they paying you at DBBC" comments) to go backpacking with my Pops in the high country for five days. I can't wait. We are going to be camping at a couple of alpine lakes at the border of the timber line and at the feet of the continental divide. It is looking like the backpacking trip will be more like a snow-shoeing trip, so that should be interesting. If you see my dad don't tell him about the snow-shoeing part. That is a surprise. He is going to be SO excited.

Once I get out of the backcountry, I hook up with Bill(some) for a short baseball roadie: Cinc @ Denver; St. Louis @ Houston; NYY @ Texas. Surprisingly, it is over 1100 miles from Denver to Houston, which we will have 21 hours to do it in (which of course includes sleeping and eating). Pray that we can stay awake for the baseball game. It is not much fun when you drive for 20 hours straight for a ballgame, just to fall asleep in the 4th.

Then I drop Bill off at the Dallas and head up to Ada, OK to meet up with Legs, and the kids who will be at Lanny's house (Leg's dad). We will spend a couple days there (while will I take a very thorough shower and get some sleep). I imagine we will see all the sight of OK - which of course will take 10 minutes. The best part of this trip is that Lanny is having an elderly Indian lady make Allegra some time of tribal gown for her to wear to a Pow Pow. I can't wait! Be sure to check back for pictures. Then back home on Monday May 8th.

Not bad for 11 days. Should be great. Pray that I don't miss the kids too much (I am already kind of sad about leaving them). Pray for Legs while I am away, especially for her flight with Ana and Josiah out to OK. Pray that I don't get buried in an Avalanche or get in a fight with a big horn sheep. Pray that my Marathoning 62 year old Father does not hike circles around me. Pray that this would be a time of wonder fellowship with my family, friend and my God.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

Hello Carne family! hope everyone is doing well - your upcoming trips sound wonderful - i'm sure everyone will have a great time - we will be praying for a benificial time in OK. james and i love and miss you all.
(you should check out our blog - tabletofourhearts - its a work in progress :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home